Fergal McLoughlin is a member of our BVI office. Fergal advises on all aspects of corporate and commercial law including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public and private share offerings, takeovers, re-organisations and corporate aspects of shareholder disputes. He is a member of the firm’s Latin America group and regularly visits the São Paulo office.
Prior to relocating to Montevideo in 2018, Fergal worked in our British Virgin Islands office for four years. Before that he spent six years at Farrer & Co in London. During his time there he gained a broad range of corporate experience advising on domestic and cross-border M&A, corporate restructuring, and public and private company fundraisings and investments. He is an AIJA Member and National Reporter for the BVI.
Fergal’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Market Tech Holdings Limited on its US$1.2 billion AIM IPO, including pre-IPO group reorganisation, and subsequent listing on the LSE Main Market.
- Advising TechFinancials Inc., a Fintech software developer, on its complex corporate financing and listing on AIM.
- Advising China Internet Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. on its US$20million listing on NASDAQ.
- Advising on the innovative app-based IPO of LeniGas Cuba Limited on the ISDX Growth Market.
- Advising LeniGas Cuba Limited on its reverse takeover of Knowlton Capital Inc. by way of a BVI scheme of arrangement.
- Advising the Virgin Group on three major corporate reorganisations, the sale of Virgin Active and the listing of Virgin Money on the LSE Main Market.
- Advising the Virgin Group on its acquisition and reorganisation of a Jamaican wind farm renewables group from NASDAQ-listed private equity firm American Capital.
- Advising the Virgin Group on its acquisition of a Guatemalan solar energy renewables group.
- Advising FTSE 250 company BGEO Group PLC (parent company of the Bank of Georgia) on transactions valued at c.US$100 million including the acquisition of major Georgian utilities company, Georgian Global Utilities Limited.
- Advising CuCo Resources, a Toronto based group engaged in mining exploration and production in Africa, on various BVI statutory mergers and reorganisations to help streamline the group’s corporate structure whilst retaining core operational assets.