Charles joined Harneys in May 2017 and is an associate of our Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency practice group in Hong Kong.
Charles is qualified as a solicitor of Hong Kong and England and Wales. He specialises in contentious and non-contentious cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters, including the appointment of provisional liquidators and the implementation of parallel schemes of arrangement. He regularly advises insolvency practitioners, investment banks, commercial banking institutions, directors and shareholders. He also has experience in a wide range of commercial litigation disputes including unfair prejudice claims, derivative actions and just and equitable winding up applications.
Charles is fluent in English and Cantonese and has a working knowledge of Mandarin.
Some of Charles’ recent experience includes:
- Advising the Provisional Liquidators in relation to the restructuring of US$1 billion debts and liabilities of China Lumena New Materials Corp.
- Advising the Liquidators in relation to the restructuring of China Agrotech Limited, resulting in a successful reverse takeover and relisting on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising on the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to China Oil Gangran Energy Group Holdings Limited and advising the Provisional Liquidators on the offshore restructuring of the Company and Group.
- Advising China Singyes Solar Technologies Holdings Limited on the successful restructuring of greater than HK$4 billion outstanding bonds and convertible notes through parallel schemes of arrangement in Bermuda and Hong Kong.
- Advising on the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to Haitian Energy International Limited.
- Advising a group of note holders on the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to Top Wise Excellence Enterprise Co., Ltd, a BVI subsidiary of Kangde Xin Composite Material Group Co Ltd.