Our team advises on all types of cross border securitisation and structured finance transactions involving the most traditional of asset classes to the full range of emerging and bespoke assets originating in more than 20 countries, including in infrastructure areas such as pharmacy and health care receivables, trade receivables, airplane loans, fintech and transportation. Our experts are known for advising on the most innovative of structures, many of which were “first of their kind”. We advise many of the world’s largest financial groups, issuers, underwriters, trustees, managers, sponsors, corporate service providers and other financial institutions.
We work seamlessly with lead onshore and local legal counsels to formulate the most efficient and effective structure to comply with all onshore and local tax, regulatory and derivatives advice.
Given our unique positioning with our offices in Sao Paulo and Montevideo and the fact that Spanish and Portuguese is spoken fluently throughout these offices as well as the BVI and Cayman offices, we are the only offshore top tier structured finance group specialising in LatAm transactions and able to “bridge” the local language, cultural and legal issues that are typically encountered across jurisdictions, in particular in the area of infrastructure finance.
Our work involves:
- restructuring of “CLO 1.0s”
- establishing new “CLO 2.0s”
- establishing stand-alone and multi-issuer repackaging programmes
- establishing structured investments using collateralised swaps and repos
- establishing trade finance securitisations
- establishing PACE structures advising on syndicated lending deals and related security structures
- establishing and licensing of financial institutions in the BVI and the Cayman Islands to offer structured investments through subsidiaries or bank branches advising on their on-going legal and regulatory requirements