Pavlos Aristodemou is the Managing Partner of the Cyprus office. He works with financial institutions and corporations in banking and finance, private equity, capital markets and corporate tax law.
Prior to joining us, Pavlos was a founding partner of Aristodemou Loizides Yiolitis, which merged with our office in 2009. He is often instructed by leading international and magic circle law firms and acts for international banks in connection with syndicated loans, pre-export finance agreements and aircraft purchase and leasing agreements. His recent experience includes:
- Advising Rosneft, Russia’s largest oil and gas firm, on all aspects of numerous elements of its business lines, including, in 2017, advising Rosneft on a restructuring/sale of CIS assets in Russia and the Ukraine to a third party oil and gas firm
- Advising the sellers in connection with the acquisition of BZRK Limited, which owns bazaraki.com, the biggest online classified ads website in Cyprus, by Larixon Classifieds Ltd
- Advising Advent International plc, as financial sponsor, on India’s first synthetic INR-denominated margin loan
- Advising Public Joint Stock Company Chelyabinsk Pipe plant (ChelPipe) on a secured financing of up to RUB 80 billion to refinance ChelPipe Group’s existing syndicated loan
- Advising Black Sea agribusiness company the Kernel group in relation to a Eurobond issue priced at $500 million aggregate principal amount of 8.75 per cent Notes due 31 January 2022 and guaranteed by Cypriot entities
- Advising Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, ANZ Fiduciary Services Pty Ltd, Credit Suisse AG, Sydney Branch, ING Bank N.V. Singapore Branch in relation to a $385 million secured term loan facility agreement granted to ASX-listed SpeedCast International Limited, SpeedCast Limited and SpeedCast Australia Pty Limited (Speedcast)
- Advising Alcentra and Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) in connection with the £149 million refinancing, secured by various security assets, of First Names Group, in a transaction which provides new, long-term sustainable financing opportunities as First Names Group continues to seek potential acquisitions
Pavlos is a member of the Cyprus Bar Association, the International Tax Planning Association, and the national representative of AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers) in Cyprus. He has published articles in the International Tax Review, UK legal periodicals and international publications of the International Centre of Commercial Studies.
Pavlos is described as being “proactive and practically creative” by Chambers Global while Chambers Europe describes him as “very sharp, focused, efficient and commercial”; he is also lauded for his “ability to identify problems and offer feasible and effective solutions to clients”. Pavlos offers considerable banking and finance knowledge, and frequently advises corporate clients and financial institutions on deals involving elements of private equity, capital markets and tax law.Chambers and Partners
Pavlos is recognised as a leading individual for banking and finance matters in Cyprus, describing his practice as “top-notch”. He is also recommended for corporate and commercial work.Legal 500
Pavlos is ranked as a “highly regarded lawyer”IFLR 1000
Pavlos is recognised as being amongst the world’s leading banking and finance lawyers in Cyprus.Who's Who Legal
- Boston University (LLM)
- Oxford Brookes University (LLB)