Harneys has been at the forefront of the development of offshore jurisprudence in the field of restructuring and insolvency for decades and our restructuring and insolvency practice leads the offshore market in both global reach and expertise, having acted in some of the largest and most complex cross-border restructurings and insolvencies of recent times.
Our client base is diverse, encompassing leading international and regional accountancy practices, onshore law firms, financial institutions, insolvency office holders, official and unofficial creditors’ committees, private equity sponsors, hedge funds, debtor in possession loan providers, directors, trustees, shareholders and corporate debtors.
We frequently advise lenders and investors at all levels of the capital structure, corporates and insolvency officeholders on the use of schemes of arrangements in the context of parallel restructurings or reorganisation procedures in other jurisdictions, such as Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code or parallel schemes of arrangement in other common law jurisdictions. Other areas of expertise include:
- Debt and equity rescheduling and refinancing
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
- Distressed funds advice
- Formal insolvency proceedings and office holders’ conduct, powers and regulation
- Out-of-court restructurings and refinancings
- Contingency planning and implementation
- Schemes of arrangement
- Security enhancement and prioritisation
- Debt for equity swaps
- Recognition and joint protocol proceedings
- Workouts and enforcement of security
- Directors duties and claims against auditors, fund administrators and other service providers
- Debt recovery
It is our objective to deliver swift and pragmatic advice for our clients. We offer an integrated, multidisciplinary and seamless service, working closely with specialists in other practice areas including Harneys’ award-winning litigation, transactional, funds, tax and regulatory teams.
We are passionate about what we do and the service we provide to our clients and this is reflected in the quality of work we provide.